• RSS

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Little Things

It's the little things.
Really, it is.

It's about one o'clock in the afternoon and I am on my lunch break at work; sitting at my desk with a big smile on my face.  

Last week, I went out with one of our sales reps from work.  She took me to a bunch of stores she has helped sell into and we got to look at where money for positioning goes and how important the display of books are to the publisher and the bookstore owners.  Every store we went to, I couldn't help but gawk at the beauty of Ami McKay's new novel, The Virgin Cure.  Set against the backdrop of Manhattan in 1871, the story of Moth, a young girl who faces the wild life of underground entertainment, is completely up my alley. (For some reason, brothels in the 19th century are fascinating to me.)

Then, this morning, as I typed away on my computer, setting up for a meeting I have next week, someone approached my desk.  I looked up, only to be presented with a smiling face holding a copy of The Virgin Cure.  This has made my day.  Thanks to two lovely ladies from work, I get to go home and curl up with Ami McKay tonight -- and I couldn't be more thankful and excited! 

1 comments:

Natalie said...

YAY! I LOVED the Birth House by Ami McKay! This book is at the top of my Christmas list (that is if I don't break down and buy it before then!) I can't wait to hear what you think about it!!!!!!

Post a Comment