• RSS

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Meeting Jennifer Hillier


So my latest great read has come from an unexpected source.  For anyone who has already got a sense of my taste, you’ll know mystery/thrillers are a rare occurrence.  However, last Monday, I went to see debut novelist, Jennifer Hillier, do an event at Indigo.  While the trip began solely as support for one of our new authors, it soon became an introduction to a new novelist I was to love.


At work a few weeks before, a colleague offered the book to me and it sat on my desk for a while, not because it didn’t sound good, but because the subject matter just wasn’t my thing.  After Jennifer’s presentation, I couldn’t wait to get it back in my hands!  Talk about the sweetest person!  Jennifer was clearly nervous presenting in front of friends, family, fans and her publisher’s employees, however her passion showed through in every word she spoke and her appreciation for all those in attendance touched my heart. Pictures were snapped as she talked and I’m sure I’m in the background of a few with a smile plastered on my face.  After talking about how CREEP came to be, Jennifer read a selection from FREAK, the follow-up novel out next year.  I was hooked.  I borrowed a copy from a colleague at the event just so I could go home and get started.  After the presentation, I stood in the long line to meet her and left with my book in hand, dedicated to me with a big happy face beside “Thank you for your support!”  What a sweetheart! 

As soon as I got home, I plunked myself in bed to get started and if work wasn’t necessary the next day, I would have still been there.  Jennifer, next to being one of the most lovely authors I have met, is one heck of a story teller.  Stay tuned for the review, which will be posted tomorrow!

1 comments:

Jennifer Hillier said...

Thank you so much! It was lovely to meet you too!

Post a Comment