• RSS

Saturday, November 5, 2011

'Tis the Season for Winter Reads


'Tis the season!  Tonight is daylight savings and we are plunged into early evenings, chilly weather and trading in bathing suits for fleece, hoodies and the good ol' Roots sweatpants.  As Christmas music drifts out of stores, frost appears on your windshields and plans for getting home for Christmas start appearing on your schedule, you can almost feel the warmth of the season heating up the chill outdoors.  For booklovers like ourselves, reading is always a pleasure, but reading while snow cascades past your window, curled up with coffee and a blanket is a comfort that only the winter can provide.

This year, I am trying to curve my book buying addiction and returning to my shelf to pick out a few winter reads.  I have accumulated a ton of wonderful books in the past few months that I have either postponed for this exact season or just not had the time to indulge in yet.  So, here are a few ideas (and also my picks) for cozy-up-and-read winter books!  Feel free to add some of your own!

 
 
 

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Can't wait to see what you think of Rebecca :) I'm dying to read Darker Still! And The Radleys looks really interesting! As does The Broze Horseman...I'm intrigued!

Ikhlas said...

Loved your description of the season, Chelse! Made me want to curl up with a good book right this instant! Also, thanks for the book recommendations...I'm finding myself in a rut, so I'm glad I have some new books to look up!

:)

Post a Comment