• RSS

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I Love Sales!

Last night, as I sat clutching my proudly purchased Anna Dressed in Blood, I was in my glory.  The 30% off hardcovers at Chapters (plus my irewards 10%), followed with a little Christmas money had allowed me to finally get that book I've been yearning for!  Then, as I sat texting my friend Natalie (from Browsing Bookshelves), she reminded me that the warehouse near our homes was having its annual 50% off sale.  Last year, I had picked myself up Vampire Academy in hardcover for $5!  So this morning, I got up, got dressed and bolted to the warehouse with a small list of books I would look for. 

My friends, this was like no other book buying spree I have ever had.  I NEVER buy more than 2 or 3 books at once -- too expensive for me.  But this!  Super discounted, remaindered books PLUS 50% off?!  I walked out with some amazing titles for a grand total of $26.50!  Now, I officially own enough books to fill my entire apartment.  I'm so excited to dive in -- let the reading begin!

 
After seeing Alice Hoffman speak about her books, I read a bunch of synopsis and decided that I HAD to read The Ice QueenThe Historian, by Elizabeth Kostova is a gothic historical romance that I have been eyeing for some time.  Wicked is ... well, WickedDivergent comes HIGHLY recommended from all the bloggers I follow.  Kelley Armstrong's The Reckoning completes my Darkest Powers series and Anna and the French Kiss has got stunning reviews!  So excited =).

4 comments:

Jacquelynne said...

Oh wow !! Look at all the fabulous books you got from the Book Depot (right?? 50% off sale? lol) I wish I had the money to spend on some more books, God knows I don't need anymore books but my addiction is just too strong, lol!! I definitely want Anna Dressed in Blood, and Anna and the French Kiss - Great selection Chelsey!

Natalie said...

I didn't see Anna and the French Kiss at Book Depot!? Where did you find it!? And I saw Divergent there! Glad you managed to pick up a copy! It was such an amazing deal! I thought about getting The Reckoning but figured I should probably try to cut down on the amount of books I'm buying... I ended up picking up the 2nd and 3rd books in the vampire academy series for 2.50 each, The Tiger's Curse, and Paranormalcy :) It was so busy there I didn't really get a good look at the adult section...so I'm trying to fight the urge to go back there tomorrow haha

Ikhlas said...

Wow, what an amazing stash of books you got! Wish I had also known about this place...
Can't wait to read your reviews for some of these!

:)

Hannah said...

You're going to love The Historian, it's amazing!!! This book sale place sounds great though, well jealous that you could get so many books and for such a great price. I've just done the same (will be posting my Christmas haul shortly too!)

Post a Comment