• RSS

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Girl of Nightmares

When I began Chels and a Book, I wanted it to be more professional than my previous blogs and that meant not doing Waiting on Wednesday or In My Mailbox posts anymore.  I would focus mainly on book reviews and personal life ramblings.  But now, I find that the best way to get a readership is to participate in weekly features .. annnnnd I'm kind of obsessing over a few books right now.  So this week, I am going to do one anyway!

As you may know, during the holidays I read -- no, DEVOURED -- Kendare Blake's Anna Dressed In Blood.  I read well into the morning, scurrying around my apartment and hiding under the covers when my radiator clicked during a particularly terrifying scene.  Blake gave me that chilling read I had been aching for and the eerieness that promises I will not let the book out of my hands until it is done.

Girl of Nightmares follows a broken-hearted Cas as he contemplates what will become of Anna now that she has descended into hell.  If that one sentence doesn't immediately capture your interest, I do not know what will!  For me, Blake has broke the mold of YA ghost novels and ventured into new areas of horror.  I simply cannot wait to get my hands on this book!

(Waiting on Wednesday is a feature created and hosted weekly by fellow blogger Jill.  Visit her and see more links for this feature on her blog Breaking the Spine.)

7 comments:

Brittani said...

Great pick! I enjoyed Anna Dressed In Blood as well and I definitely cant wait for Girl of Nightmares!

My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

-Brittani

Maja said...

Can I just say that I really really really want this book? I wouldn't exactly sell my soul to the devil, but I would at least consider it... :D

Boriquaz said...

I really can't wait for this book to come out. I loved the first one. Here's my WOW


Don't forgot to check out my Giveaway

Giselle said...

Omg this is one of my most anticipated of 2012 and that cover is awesome!! Great pick!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Ikhlas said...

I am STILL trying to get my hands on the first book...I had a gift card that I wanted to buy Anna dressed in blood with, but I checked 3 Chapters and it was not to be found. It was actually kind of spooky... LOL

But this sounds amazing too...hope I can read the first one soon!
P.S- what a creepy cover!

Lindsay Cummings author said...

SO FREAKING DYING FOR THIS ONE!!!!!!

stop by my IMM?! I have a few picks!

http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-is-fun-meme.html

Natalie said...

I really need to read this first one!!

Post a Comment