• RSS

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wonderful Week in Books

I know that most bloggers wait until Sunday to post news about books they bought or received, but this has been such a great book week for me, that I can't wait!  When I say book week, I don't just mean physical books -- even my career has taken a lovely turn this week!  
On Tuesday morning, I received word that I had been offered the Marketing and Publicity internship with Hachette Book Group Canada!  HBG is a multi-national company with a sales, marketing and publicity team here in Canada.  For those of you not familiar with them, here is one word that will educate you -- Twilight!  HBG is the publisher of Stephanie Meyer and her empire.  Their list of authors and wonderful books does not stop there.  Since we all know I adore teen, I thought it important to point out that HBG published The Daughter of Smoke and Bone and the newly released The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.  I will begin on Monday and am beyond excited to get started!  Getting an internship in general is great, but getting an internship at yet another publishing house that you adore is beyond wonderful!  Stay tuned for updates!

So now that you know about my new job, you can probably put two and two together and figure out that since finishing my internship with Simon & Schuster Canada, I have been on the hunt for employment.  Although I am fully aware of the state of the economy, I was still extremely picky with my applications.  Working at a place I love is unbelieveably important to me.  This lead to my last few weeks being spent at my computer, learning more and more about the job market.  In between my bouts of researching, I read. 

I have never had a more exciting mail week -- receiving orders I had placed weeks ago as well as a few small surprises.  Thank you to those who sent them, I am oh so grateful!  Now, without further ado!

 

The Daughter of Smoke and Bone and The Hunger Games (which is actually Jay's) are from a few weeks ago when Chapters had their 30% off hardcover sale.  Jay finished The Hunger Games a few days ago and has been waiting eagerly for Catching Fire to arrive in the mail.  The only problem with ordering cheap books off eBay is the wait period.  Hopefully tomorrow?
Bloodrose and The Space Between arrived yesterday and I was ridiculously excited.  The Space Between has had my name written on it since it released.  This whole new teen horror thing going on?  I am LOVING it.  A few great new horrors are coming out soon, including an adult fiction title from S&S called White Horse in April.  I am counting down the days.  

Bloodrose is the third in the Nightshade series and I have been dying to dive into them!  I will be starting very shortly!

A Temptation of Angels was a complete surprise and I literally danced around my living room for a good half hour.  I am already a third of the way through and am really enjoying the setting of the book!  I'm sure I will have a review up next week.  

And that is it!  I will be absent for the weekend as I am going back home to visit my family for my Dad's birthday.  Have a wonderful weekend and I can't wait to see what you all got this week!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

First off.... CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you! You definitely deserve another great job Chels!! How long does this internship go for? And secondly, I'm really impressed that Jay is reading (and enjoying!) The Hunger Games! I got Tom to read the first two chapters and he gave up because he didn't like the romance aspect :P Glad to see that you are already into reading A Temptation of Angels! Can't wait to hear what you think about that one :D

Hannah said...

Congrats on the internship!!! I'm so happy for you! Hachette ARE an amazing publishing group - I'm trying to see if I can do an internship with them over my winter break at uni next year - but you must be over the moon!!!

A Temptation of Angels sounds really good, I hadn't heard of it before! I wasn't really interested in the Nightshade series, but everyone's been going crazy over Bloodrose I think I might have to start reading them!!

Ikhlas said...

Congrats on your internship once again, Chelse! They're very lucky to have you :)

Can't wait for your reviews of all the books above!
xx

Maja said...

Congrats on your new job, Chelsey. I'm very excited for you.

I'm also super excited about you reading The Space Between. I think I'll be biting my nails the entire time, haha. Fingers crossed that you like it.

Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

Post a Comment