• RSS

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Book Buying Addict

Confession:  I just spent over an hour going through all of my books.  I tallied up the books I own compared to the books I've read and the numbers are NOT pretty.  I am clearly a book buying addict.

I have realized recently that there will never be enough time in my life for me to read every book I want to.  It is simply impossible.  Tons of new, wonderful sounding books come out every day!  But, I keep buying them in hopes that at some point, I will be able to take 45 on vacation and get through them all (...okay, maybe not 45).  So, I'm curious -- is this something we should start a help group for or something?  Let's see how many of you are addicts, just like me!



4 comments:

Ikhlas said...

Awwwww Chelse, you are too cute! I doubt you need a help group!

Ever since I met you and also spent four months with fellow book lovers, I've been buying more books, but gotta scale back now since I can't afford it :(

It kind of sucks because the newer/cooler books take forever to come into the library and the amount of holds are SO long, but in the end its worth it :)

I just got my copy of the last of the Summer series and I am SO excited to read it :D

Natalie said...

Ughh its so terrible! I'm a recent addict though so maybe there is still hope for me! It seems my addiction started when I started blogging....so maybe if I cut back on the blogging I can redeem myself? Worst part is I'm studying to be a librarian...I should be supporting my potential future workplace!

Rea said...

I know just where you're coming from! I am a total book buying addict. I've got so many books to get through and I just keep adding to the numbers. Although right now, for the first time ever, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the books waiting to be read - so much so that I've put buying on the backburner. Go me!

I've dropped by to let you know that I've tagged you. It's a little hard to explain in a comment, but if you check the post you'll see.

Maja said...

Someone needs to bury my credit card in the back yard. The Book Depository will be the end of me. But you know, it's so easyyy. You just click and voila, it's at your doorstep.

Post a Comment