• RSS

Sunday, February 12, 2012

In My Mailbox (2)

Phew!  This has been one of the busiest weeks of my life!  For anyone who has talked to me, read the blog or any of my tweets, you will know that this week was The Book Lover's Ball!  I will post a recap of the event this week (sneak preview: I met one of my favourite literary people)! And to make up for my crazy week, I am spending the day watching movies and reading on the couch in my robe and fuzzy slippers.  Oh. Yeah.


This was also a great week in books for me!  I got a copy of Julianna Baggott's PURE, which I can't wait to read but am waiting for the right mood to strike.  I have heard wonderful things about the novel and have read a previous book by Baggott (which I really enjoyed) but at the moment, I am not really in the mood for dark and depressing.  Maybe later on in the week?

I also got BEAUTIFUL CREATURES and BLOOD RIGHTS.  I had ordered them a few weeks ago and was super excited when they arrived on Friday.  I am late getting on the BEAUTIFUL CREATURES train but better late than never!

Also, I met up with my friend Amy yesterday and since we are both huge book hoarders, we picked out a few on our shelves that we were willing to separate with and swapped.  She gave me Mindy Kaling's book IS EVERYONE HANGING OUT WITHOUT ME? which I was drooling over when it first came out.  If you haven't noticed, I am a huge fan of celebrity essay/bio/memoirs.  This is definitely something I will get to this week!  She also lent me her copy of DAMNED by Chuck Palahniuk.  I have heard amazing things about Chuck's books, but have never picked one up for myself.  His reputation as an extremely dark humor writer has me hoping I will be as drawn to his books as I am to Douglas Coupland.  You either love Coupland, or you can't stand him.  I am on the LOVE side of things.  Hopefully the same thing will happen with Chuck!

And that's it for me!  Stay tuned for upcoming posts -- review of THE SPACE BETWEEN and a recap of The Book Lover's Ball!

9 comments:

LibrarySnake said...

Damned looks fun.

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox_12.html

Brittani said...

Great IMM! I really enjoyed Pure and Beautiful Creatures! Don't worry your not the only one who was late to jump on the Beautiful Creatures train, I was too. I only read it like 2 1/2 months ago. Lol.

New Follower! :)

My IMM: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-27.html

-Brittani :)

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! I love Beautiful Creatures. Hope you do too.
My IMM

Jade @ Chasing Empty Pavements said...

Oooh! Great books! Damned looks so good and even though I have Pure, I keep remembering how good it sounds and I can't read it yet!

New follower :) Have a great week!

Elisa said...

Great haul! I still need to read Beautiful Creatures that has stayed too long at my shelf =p and so lucky you got Pure and Blood Rights! Really want to read them and Blood Right's cover is damn pretty!
Enjoy your books! =D

My IMM if you have time to stop by :
http://ellegoesnerd.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-15.html

Andrea @ Cozy Up said...

Ahh, I absolutely loved Pure. It was so good! Enjoy your books, I've heard awesome things about Beautiful Creatures. Thanks for stopping by!

Natalie said...

I can't wait to hear all about the book lover's ball!! And that is quite a good book haul for you this week! I also haven't read the Beautiful Creatures series...so I'm thinking I should get started on those ones soon now too! Great IMM :)

Hafsah - IceyBooks said...

I've heard some pretty good things about Blood Rights, I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading, Chelsey!

Stop by my blog

Maja said...

I got Pure on Netgalley a while back, but every time I start, something gets in my way. The beginning is very scary, and I'm really a wuss (although I hide it well). :)

I have yet to read Beautiful Creatures as well, but at this point, I'll just sit back and wait for your review.

Post a Comment